Why am I writing this blog?

Euclid (Cleveland), Ohio, United States
Here I share the amazing spiritual journey I began on July 19, 2007. I received the diagnosis of a golf-ball-sized tumor on top of the left parietal lobe (motor functions) of my brain. I had severe symptoms all up and down the right side of my body and had received an MRI scan of my brain. In August 2007, I learned that my diagnosis was a Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM). This is a common form of fast-growing brain cancer with a challenging prognosis. That's the external story about that moment in time. In the spiritual world I found (actually more like it found me) what I came to call the Fact-Based Spirit-Guided Path, and I began an amazing journey. After October of 2008, I lost the use of my right arm, and in early 2009, my cognitive abilities were struggling, and treatment options ended. My wife, Susanne, then began doing most of the blog postings, with my review and input whenever possible. I continued to apply the Fact-Based Spirit-Guided Path as the adventure continued. My soul then flew to the Kingdom of God on July 1, 2009. Thanks for your interest in my journey. Craig

Susanne's Perspective

During this entire journey, my wife, Susanne, had an entirely different kind of experience. Initially she added comments to some of my posts describing her experience of the moments I discussed and offerred perspectives on our relationship. In the latter stage of this journey, she is writing the blog, as I am no longer able to do so. I am truly delighted that she is doing so. Susanne and I work together as marriage educators/relationship coaches and she has written many books on preparing for and strengthening marriages so you can count on her comments to be insightful and poignant.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Medication Changes, 3-25-09

We consulted today with members of our medical advising team about Craig’s challenges with communicating and what medication adjustments might make sense. Our goal is for him to have the maximum possible ability to interact and communicate with me and with his children, who are arriving this weekend for a few days. So, at least for a time, we are significantly increasing Craig’s steroid level to attempt to reduce the brain swelling around the tumor. We are also eliminating his sleeping pill so that he freely sleeps and awakes as he needs to and hopefully has reduced grogginess and cloudy thinking.

Craig is still very focused on passing on to the next world in the near future. He has begun to sense the presence of souls gathering in the corner of his bedroom to accompany him there. Sometimes the steroids get him pretty lively though, so we’ll see what happens! He continues to be in a very peaceful inner state.

Love,

Susanne

p.s. It’s an interesting contrast for me today while Craig was so quiet. I edited the funeral program, attended a house foreclosure prevention seminar, and chased down financial stuff. My goal after tomorrow is to set aside most of the rest of the financial stuff until down the road aways. We’ve done the vital matters that needed Craig’s involvement. The taxes are signed, and the retirement funds handled. I’ve got an excellent advisory team in place – accountants, real estate agent, bankers, life insurance agents, and financial planner. And, we’ll work it all out step by step as needed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Craig and Susanne..You are both in my thoughts, as always. I enjoyed seeing you at Craig's gathering on the lake. You guys are always in my prayers. Craig, your journey into the next life will come with celebration..and jubilation...as we all aspire to experience that next step.blessed be that we, are beckoned through that most holiness of doors.Those of us left behind, until we are chosen, will grieve your loss.From those emotions, healing and growth will carry us through to new ventures. God bless, and God speed to a wonderful,and spiritual person...my cousin Craig. Oh,and Craig,when you wander upon my mom and dad(Cloyd and Miriam),...Ralph and Esther Heck, Uncle Pidge and Aunt Eleanor, and my uncle..your father, Bob Farnsworth, Please lend salutations and hellos....as I hope that's where my journey ends as well.

Love,

Clark W. Dawley