Why am I writing this blog?

Euclid (Cleveland), Ohio, United States
Here I share the amazing spiritual journey I began on July 19, 2007. I received the diagnosis of a golf-ball-sized tumor on top of the left parietal lobe (motor functions) of my brain. I had severe symptoms all up and down the right side of my body and had received an MRI scan of my brain. In August 2007, I learned that my diagnosis was a Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM). This is a common form of fast-growing brain cancer with a challenging prognosis. That's the external story about that moment in time. In the spiritual world I found (actually more like it found me) what I came to call the Fact-Based Spirit-Guided Path, and I began an amazing journey. After October of 2008, I lost the use of my right arm, and in early 2009, my cognitive abilities were struggling, and treatment options ended. My wife, Susanne, then began doing most of the blog postings, with my review and input whenever possible. I continued to apply the Fact-Based Spirit-Guided Path as the adventure continued. My soul then flew to the Kingdom of God on July 1, 2009. Thanks for your interest in my journey. Craig

Susanne's Perspective

During this entire journey, my wife, Susanne, had an entirely different kind of experience. Initially she added comments to some of my posts describing her experience of the moments I discussed and offerred perspectives on our relationship. In the latter stage of this journey, she is writing the blog, as I am no longer able to do so. I am truly delighted that she is doing so. Susanne and I work together as marriage educators/relationship coaches and she has written many books on preparing for and strengthening marriages so you can count on her comments to be insightful and poignant.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Craig Has Passed - July 1, 2009

This is Leah, Craig's youngest daughter, writing on behalf of Susanne. As of 9am this morning, July 1, 2009 Craig's soul was finally free from his body. He was not in pain and the whole experience was very peaceful and of course musical and prayerful by those of us at his side (Susanne, Michelle, Holly Timberlake, and me). Susanne will be writing a more thorough depiction of the experience when time permits. I am writing to pass on the funeral details.

Dear Friends:

The following are the arrangements for the honoring (funeral) service for Craig Farnsworth:

Date: Thursday, July 2, 2009

Visiting times with family:

Before service: 5:30 – 7:00 pm

After service: 8:30 – 9:30 pm

Time Service Begins: 7:00 PM

Place/Address:

Slovenian Society Home

20713 Recher Avenue

Euclid, OH 44119

Directions:

I-90 to E. 200th Street, going north. Turn east (right) off E. 200th St. immediately after Discount Drug Mart onto Lindbergh/Recher. The street dead-ends at the parking lot for the Home. There is not a clear sign for the building until you enter the parking lot.

Special Notes:

Chairs will be set aside at the front for family and readers. Light refreshments and visiting with family will follow. Please contact Janet Lyon at (216) 691-9540 if you would be able to arrive early (4:00 pm) to help with set-up.

You can visit the funeral home’s website at www.dejohnfuneral.com after 7:00 pm tonight for further information, to leave a message, etc.

Graveside prayer and burial and will occur the following day July 3, 2009 at:

Lakeview Cemetery

12316 Euclid Avenue

Cleveland, OH 44106-4393

Please gather at the Euclid Gate at 10:00 am for procession to burial location. (Cemetery plot is at the corner of Foothill Road and Ravine Road - Section 42) (Maps available at the funeral)

Donations are preferable vs. flowers and can be made to:

Baha’is (only) may donate in honor of Craig Farnsworth to:

Baha’i National Fund

Baha’i National Treasurers Office

1233 Central Street

Evanston, IL 60201

www.bahai.us

All may donate in honor of Craig Farnsworth to his and Susanne’s cancer support center

The Gathering Place

23300 Commerce Park

Beachwood, OH 44122

Online donations: www.touchedbycancer.org

Donations can also be made for research through the:

National Brain Tumor Society

East Coast Office

124 Watertown Street, Suite 2D

Watertown, MA 02472

www.braintumor.org/fdonate/

If you would like to send flowers, the funeral home would prefer that flowers be delivered to the funeral site – the Slovenian Home -- rather than to the funeral home. Ask the florist to deliver after 10:00 am on Thursday July 2nd only. Do not send flowers on Friday.

Slovenian Society Home

20713 Recher Avenue

Euclid, OH 44119

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Suzanne & family, I am so sorry for your loss of Craig. Words cannot express my sadness, even though I don't know you. I'll send along my good vibes and a virtual hug. However painful it was to lose him, it did seem that Craig was at peace with his next phase. That, at least, is a comfort.

Kind regards,
Natalie

marmcfarland@yahoo.com said...

Dear Susanne,
Just returning home from Bahai Pilgrimage (Pilgrimage dates were June 20 - July 1).Prayed for Craig and you dialy while in the Holy Land. My prayers will continue, especially tonight as you prepare for Craig's Honoring Service. Thank you for sharing the material and spiritual journey of Craigs flight to the next world.
Much love and gratitude,
Mary Ann McFarland